Here’s a little something I made over the past weekend to cheer myself up. Rather than lazing around worrying about things that were beyond my control, I’d channel my energy to do something I enjoy – I made orange cranberry cupcakes. The refreshing scent of oranges was uplifting to the soul and the smiles on the little ones faces as the bite into the cupcakes with frosting all over to their little faces were sheer joy. ;D
Got the kids to help filling up the cups with batter. We made 2 sizes, the standard cups for the folks and the mini cups for the kids.
|Jiejie filling the standard cups|
|While Meimei filling the mini cups|
- 1 ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¾ dried cranberries
- 100g butter, softened (but not melted)
- 2 eggs, separate yokes from whites
1. Mix all ingredients(except egg whites and dried cranberries) in a bowl
2. Whip egg whites till foamy then fold it into batter with dried cranberries
3. Fill cups with batter and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 20 mins and we are done!
Top up with orange cheese frosting for more flavour and style.