|Fresh from the oven and piping hot, our very 1st homemade bread ;D|
I love MONDAY!
And, especially when it’s a no-work Monday 😉
To kick-start the week on a good note, we’d filled our little abode with the aromatic scent of freshly baked bread.
|Jiejie having fun filling up the tray with bread batter before getting dressed for school.|
Here’s the ultimate easy bread cake recipe that a preschooler can do almost all by herself.
No fuss + No yeast + No need for electric mixer = NO MESS
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup wheat flour
1/3 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 to 4 bananas
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius.
2. Mix egg, chopped bananas, salt, vanilla essence, and sugar in a mixing bowl
2. Fold in wheat flour, self-raising flour, vegetable oil and baking soda
3. Now fill batter into 4×8 inch loaf tray.
I saved a small portion of batter to make cupcake bread for the girls. They are great for take-out snacks.
4. Here’s when mama has to take over. Put tray (and cups) into the oven and bake for 40 – 45 mins and we are done!
|Golden brown crust on the outside…|
|moist and fluffy inside.|